Sunday, October 07, 2012

light saving

Forgive me, I have been off air for a while. My need to grumble had blown a fuse with overload.
But with the return of daylight saving, I can't hold my tongue.
What real use is putting the clocks forward by an hour during the hot months. It means we spend longer in the burning heat of the peak sun damage, and get more skin cancer.
Some bright spark saw this as a way to get people to work early, before they could start to enjoy the day. It gets people into the shopping malls earlier.
In fact, this is Orwellian newspeak - we get to spend more daylight hours in summer, no matter what the clock says, not save them.
There's no point in kiddies or old people trying to save daylight hours. I'm am of an age that I've already retired; what more can I do in the day because my clock shows a different time? There's no point in my saving time, I can't take it with me when I go.

No comments: